At our next meeting on Friday, February 11, 2011 we will be completing a Recycled Paperback Book Project. Once completed you can use it as a business card holder, artwork holder, note/reminder holder, etc. Bring the following to the meeting:
- Old paperback book (approximately 4″x7″ – not the oversized paperbacks. It should be about 350 pages to make a better project. In order to save time, you could have the pages already folded. Remove the covers. Start folding the pages in half toward the center. Complete the entire book.
- Bone folder
- 1/4″ red line tape or adhesive of choice – i.e., glue, double stick tape
- cardboard cut to 5 1/2″ x 8″ (not book board – just a heavy cardboard)
- Two pieces of decorative paper to cover book boards (provided) and cardboard. Lightweight scrapbooking paper is fine. Coordinate the two pieces of paper as far as color/design. Bring another plain piece of paper that coordinates to put on the bottom for covering.
- 4 beads to be used as feet on the bottom of the book board base
- cutting mat
- tacky glue
- embellishments of your choice (i.e. 2 large buttons to cover each end of the exposed spine)
This project was designed by Jan Benz, from “Playing with Books”.